We at The Podwits are ALWAYS happy to hear from our readers. And the one thing we can definitely promise is that we will always try to respond to our readers who leave comments or write e-mails.
So far, it never fails that our hearts fill with glee the moment we get that automated message telling us that we’ve got a comment. So far, though, it’s been just downright amusing to see the many different kinds of spam messages we get in our comment box. They all have the ring of being good-natured folks surfing the web who have stumbled onto our site and think its the bee’s knees. I WOULD like to think, however, that anyone who found anything we wrote about even REMOTELY interesting would bother to mention it in some way in their comment.
So while I could never say for sure that these were not, in point of fact, legitimate comments, I present to you my top 5 list of spam comments we’ve gotten so far:
1) I am really inspired together with your writing abilities as neatly as with the structure for your weblog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it yourself? Anyway stay up the excellent high quality writing, it’s uncommon to peer a nice weblog like this one today..
The broken English makes it wonderfully tragic, but it takes a turn to the absurd when we’re asked if it was a paid subject or if we modified it ourselves. Plus, I’d love to know who “peterson vs khan tickets” is…
2) Hi my family member! I wish to say that this article is amazing, nice written and come with approximately all significant infos. I’d like to look more posts like this .
I think I can safely say that there isn’t a single one of us who is related to anyone who would greet us with “Hi my family member”. Just a wild guess, though
3) Great enthusiast of this website, a handful of your blogposts have really helped me out. Looking forward to improvements!
Again, another VERY flattering comment… except… this came in when we had barely 3 posts up. The idea that ANYONE could be a great enthusiast of the website, let alone being able to cite a handful of blogposts that have helped you out… Again, flattering but I ain’t buying.
4) Hello there, I discovered your web site by means of Google whilst looking for a comparable subject, your site came up, it seems good. I’ve bookmarked to favourites|added to bookmarks.
While I’m a HUGE fan of people being able to find us through Google… what comparable subject were you looking for exactly… The Godwits? (true story) Also, the site “seems good” is kinda faint praise… and we don’t cotton to that.
And finally, in response to my review of the documentary THE CAPTAINS…
5) I heard a couple of guys talking about this in the New York subway so I looked it up online and found your page. Thanks. I thought I was right and you confirmed my thoughts. Thanks for the work you’ve put into this. I’d love to save this and share with my friends.
All I can say is, I am glad that I could validate your thoughts on the subject.